Who we are + What we believe
- We are a congregation with a rich history dating back to 1849, a dynamic presence with over 1400 members and a bright future! We are proud of our heritage, but bold in our commitment to live and serve with people who come from diverse backgrounds and traditions.
- We are one of the largest congregations in our area, but we enjoy and foster a smaller church atmosphere in many ways as we connect and grow in faith.
- We are a congregation of the Virginia Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)
- We preach and teach God’s grace through Jesus Christ and shape our lives around that promise and message to others. This is good news! If you are curious about what else we believe, this page is a good place to start, or Martin Luther's Small Catechism. Our faith is also strongly reflected in how we preach and worship - you can read more here. The best way to find out what we believe is to come be a part of our community in worship! Feel free to ask one of our pastors, as well.
- Our vision for ministry at Muhlenberg is to be a Wellspring of God's Grace: open + authentic + relational + serving.
Come be a part of what God is doing in our community!
If you are interested in learning about membership or taking part in the next new member opportunity, contact one of our pastors!